So, after seeing some of the creations from a few friends, my brother and I decided to go 50/50 on a 3d printer. I really needed a small dipole centre and balun combo, capable of 100w tops, so I decided to go about making one.
Some designs in TinkerCad, a few tweaks here, a few there, and the case was complete, together with a number of different plates enabling custom, so239 and bnc connections. The case would eventually house a 1:1 guanella current balun, using a fair-rite type 31 core.
The case went through a number of iterations, and prints. The above design was the finalised version (hopefully, lol). The T clip you see in the design enables the dipole centre to be attached to a painters pole or slid down a fibre mast.
I am only printing in PLA at the moment, so the balun will not stand up to 365 days a year outdoor use.
Anyway, the printer is nearly finished cooking another, so i’ll sign off here.